Veterinary Technician for Adoption Program
SNIPSA is a local non-profit committed to removing adoptable animals from high
kill shelters, providing for their medical care, and finding permanent loving
homes. We are looking for a qualified Veterinary Technician to assist with
SNIPSA’s adoption program. Will work hand and hand with SNIPSA veterinarian,
adoption and foster coordinators.
Minimum 2 years experience as a veterinary technician is required.
Must be a team player and have a passion for rescue work. Dedication to the
larger mission is important.
Must be respectful of fellow employees and able to work with a variety of
Must be able to work independently and be a good communicator.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Olmos Park, San Antonio, TX
Starting Pay: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Perform initial exam for all incoming animals to include fecal, heartworm
testing, vaccines, micro-chipping, skin scrapings, bathing, dewormers and
● Assisting veterinarian with surgery- must be able to give IV injections, intubate
place IV catheters, prep animals for surgery, monitor anesthesia, and recover
animals following surgery. Surgery days are fast paced and require attention to
detail and experience in high volume spay/neuter.
● Entering medical notes and maintaining upcoming medical needs via
● Work alongside Foster Coordinator to select adoptable animals from various
shelters to ensure good candidates for program
● Willing to learn shelter software program
● Will work closely with fosters families to provide medical care for animals in
adoption program and serve as liaison between fosters and veterinarian. Good
rapport with fosters is important.
● Will be required to communicate with staff and fosters outside of typical 9-6
business hours on occasion.
● Working knowledge of common veterinary drugs and products
● Maintaining veterinary supplies for SNIPSA clinic
● Participate at adoption events on Saturdays
● Organize and execute quarterly “Big Fix” spay/neuter outreach clinics for
underserved areas of San Antonio
● Health insurance
● Paid Holidays/Vacation
● Use of SNIPSA vehicle
● A fun and rewarding place to work.
● Pay commensurate with experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org